Little bits of information for you about everything and anything relevant at the time.
A few recipe ideas:
Quaker Oats Blueberry, Pumpkin Seed & Yoghurt Porridge
Serves: 1 sachet per person
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
Quaker’s Porridge – the ultimate winter warming meal for a healthy winter breakfast. Learn how to make perfect porridge the whole family can enjoy with help from SPAR.
What you'll need
1 Quaker oats sachet (original)
180ml semi skimmed milk
A handful of blueberries
Pinch of Pumpkin seeds
45g low fat natural yoghurt
Pour the Milk into a small pan and add the sachet of delightful Quaker Oats.
Cook for 3 minutes, remove from the heat, flavour with blueberries and a pinch of pumpkin seeds for a slight crunch. Leave to cool for a minute.
Add a final flourish with a dollop of SPAR’s natural yoghurt on top of your porridge.
Easy Meal Choice: Mango & Coconut Grilled Chicken Fajitas
Prep Time: 8 mins
Cook Time: 14 mins
Looking for something easy, fresh and healthy to serve in the lighter evenings? Look no further than this simple fajita recipe.
What you'll need
1 x SPAR Mango & Coconut chicken sizzlers 330g
1 x SPAR Plain Tortilla Wraps 6s
1 x SPAR Crispy Salad 125g
1 x SPAR Tomato Salsa 170g
150g of cheddar cheese
2 x peppers, different colours
Reduced fat sour cream
1. Start by preheating your grill (or barbecue if you fancy!).
2. Place the chicken sizzlers onto the grill, evenly spaced and leave for 2 minutes. No need to add any oil.
3. Whilst the sizzlers start to sear, grate your cheese.
4. Return to the grill and turn your chicken. Continue to turn for 4-5 times every few minutes until the chicken is evenly coloured and fully cooked.
5. Take your peppers and stand them on their stalks. Place your knife near the centre of the pepper and slice vertically down each of the 4 edges, keeping clear of the seeds and core, to leave 4 even sized pieces. Brush gently with olive oil and add to the grill, turning regularly until softened and charred.
6. Put your tortillas in the microwave and heat for no more than 40 seconds.
7. Slice both your chicken and peppers into thin strips.
8. Take your warmed tortillas, gently sprinkle a handful of grated cheese in the centre, top with equal amounts of your chicken, both colours of pepper, a spoon of salsa and sour cream then fold.
9. Place 2 fajitas on each plate with a portion of mixed salad leaves alongside.